Daily Essentials For Health, LLC Introduces You Toâ¦
âThe 5 Foundations For Vibrant Healthâ
CORE VITAMINS AND SUPPLEMENTS
ESSENTIAL FOR A LIFETIME OF WELL BEING
Youâve probably heard the following a hundred timesâ¦ âAll you have to do is eat a balanced diet, and youâll get all the vitamins, minerals and nutrients you need.â
If that were only so!
The problem isnât with the advice, itâs trying to actually eat a balanced meal.
With todayâs modern farming practices, thatâs almost an impossibility.
Our food supply is woefully adulterated, lacking essential vitamins and minerals necessary for good health. Chock full of chemicals and additives, used to artificially prevent natural spoilage and increase color â not because of nutrition - but because many of us will not purchase something that doesnât âlookâ good.
The downside is that we end up with products having poor nutritional value. The end result? Our immune systems are slowly but surely paying a very steep price.
- Fruits and vegetables are all too often tasteless mimics of what nature intended them to be. Grown in deficient soil, then picked and harvested far too early, theyâre gassed and colored to appear ripe and flavorful, but never have the chance to fully develop their natural goodness.
- Our meats are pumped full of hormones and antibiotics, not for safety but to increase size and weight as fast as possible. We then eat those harmful substances with every bite we take.
- Even fish havenât escaped this adulteration. Once considered one of the healthiest foods we could serve, the toxic runoffs from our farmlands and heavy metals (mercury and lead), dioxins and PCBs from burning trash and fossil fuels are contaminating entire species of marine life.
- Farmed fish may even be worse because they are fed âfoodâ that would otherwise be treated as garbage. (And we all know, you (and they) are what you (and they) eat!)
If you want to maintain optimal health, then you simply must put back those essential vitamins, minerals and nutrients that nature intended us to have.
A vital core of supplements that will restore and replenish your amazing human body.
All in all, remember the best way for getting the nutrients you need is by eating a healthy, natural, balanced diet. However, vitamin D is the major exception because, as noted above, itâs not in most of the foods we eat and is actually a hormone. (Sorry, processed meals, fast food and soda arenât natural or healthy!)
The 1st core supplement I personally recommend isâ¦
Advanced Formula Multi Vitamin
& Mineral Supplement
Itâs no secret that our bodies require specific & particular nutrients to âworkâ properly. A lack of even one essential substance can throw our system out of whack. But by maintaining a proper balance of vitamins and minerals, we can once again regain those feelings of energy, vitality and health.
This is where Multi II excels.
The âTelomereâ Surprise
Recent research has shown that women taking a daily multivitamin have longer telomeres. If youâre not familiar with this, the telomere is attached to your chromosomes and is shortened with each cell division during cellular repair.
The longer the telomere, the more opportunities for the cell to divide â and the better and longer our organs work. Longer telomeres have been associated with longevity.
In fact, The 2009 Nobel Prize in Physiology or Medicine was awarded to Elizabeth H. Blackburn, Carol W. Greider and Jack W. Szostak for their research on the vital importance of telomeres.
Arenât All Multivitamins The Same?
There are more than 100 different brands of multivitamins sold in the United States alone, but not all are created equal.
Here are just a few of the problems with so many of the leading brandsâ¦
- Suspect ingredients originating from China, India and other 3rd world countries. With so many cases of adulterated products coming from these places, it comes down to a game of chance as to whatâs pure and whatâs tainted.
- Few American companies ever test every batch of raw ingredients, and fewer still test their finished products for potency and purity.
- Most vitamin companies use less than optimal synthetic forms of vitamins, such as vitamin E and vitamin B12, because they cost less.
- Many include additives, such as artificial dyes which make those pills and capsules look good, but can actually be hazardous to your health. (Always read the labels!)
The âDaily Essentials for Healthâ Advantage
Multi II is a far superior vitamin & mineral supplement, created by Vital Nutrients and offered by us at Daily Essentials for Health, LLC.
Vital Nutrients is known as the Leader in Quality Assurance for manufacturing nutritional supplements in the professional healthcare industry. These supplements are manufactured in the USA at an American owned & FDA inspected facility.
Nothing is more important to me than the quality of my supplements. Vital Nutrients stands heads and shoulders above the rest of the nutritional supplement industry.
Employing a âgold standardâ for excellence, they have a comprehensive quality assurance program second to none, ensuring that purity and potency is consistently met on each and every product manufactured for Daily Essentials for Health, LLC.
So my advice to you is simplyâ¦ âDonât play American roulette!â This is what the New England Journal Of Medicine said about the nutritional supplement industry (NEJM Oct 15, 2009). Remember, garbage in, garbage out.
Who Needs a Multivitamin?
The proper nutrients are crucial for every reaction in our bodies. However, there are some age groups that have greater nutritional needs than others.
Children, Teenagers, Athletes and Pregnant Women
Growing bodies and those under constant physical stress must work hard to create new cells - while still maintaining energy and health in existing cells. As a result, they are in greater need of essential vitamins and minerals.
To effectively face these growing nutritional challenges, a quality multivitamin such as Multi II can offer an optimal balance of all the vitamins and minerals necessary for promoting and sustaining healthy growth.
Immune System Enhancer
Another area undergoing this rapid growth is the immune system. During the invasion of an infectious microbe, the ability of white blood cells to rapidly multiply is drastically affected by nutritional status. Multivitamins such as Multi II have been shown to boost many aspects of the immune response (Nutrition, Oct. 2001).
When weâre young, itâs all to easy to assume weâll have a healthy body forever. But if youâre in your 20s, ensuring your diet contains optimal amounts of vitamins and minerals can go a long way in correcting any nutritional deficiencies you may have developed in your teens. By doing so, youâll be taking an active part in reducing your risk of developing medical problems such as cancer, heart disease, dementia and osteoporosis as the years accumulate.
The 30 Somethingâs
Running after the kids, tackling a career, and trying to fit more and more hours into less and less time can cause you to reach for convenience foods - which are sorely lacking in essential nutrients. Multi II can help you maintain the energy you need for these stress-filled years.
In Your 40sâ¦ and Beyond
Itâs in our 40âs that time starts taking its toll, and we start to realize that full health isnât a givenâ¦ and we start focusing on anti-aging.
The antioxidant power available in a Multi II Multivitamin can help prevent the aging damage caused by free radicals in the body.
As we grow older still, the bodyâs ability to digest and absorb nutrients decreases, leading to nutritional deficiencies. Poor nutritional intake increases the risk of infection. Studies have found that in the elderly multivitamins such as Multi II can reduce the average annual number of days spent with infection (BMJ, July 2005). In fact, daily multivitamin use in the elderly has been recommended by a variety of scientific reviews (Clin. Infect. Dis., Dec. 2001).
My second core supplement is:
Omax3™ Fish Oil
The Finest Source of Omega 3
Essential Fatty Acids
Why Take Fish Oil?
The answer is straightforward: As a dietary supplement, fish oil is one of the easiest and most important steps you can take for your health. No other nutritional substance is more important for most people then omega 3 fatty acids found in high quality fish oil.
These omega 3 fatty acids canât be produced by the body (thatâs why theyâre âessentialâ in our diet). They need to be ingested, either through diet or through direct supplementation. Since many people have trouble maintaining a healthy and balanced diet, they arenât getting nearly enough omega 3 in their food. About the only societies on earth that actually do are the Japanese and Eskimos!
What happens if we donât take enough omega 3 in our diet?
Low levels of omega 3 have been liked to heart disease, dementia, depression, arthritis, poor immune functionâ¦ and a host of other problems.
But, the essential fatty acids in fish oil are connected with a number of incredible health benefits. In fact, one of the most interesting facts about fish oil is that it seems to protect the body from future ills!
- Heart Healthy - Studies done in 2003 at Harvard Medical showed that taking fish oil on a daily basis can help protect the heart from damage and disease. Something in the chemical structure of these omega 3 fatty acids helps keep heart muscle healthy and strongâ¦
- Cancer Preventative - In addition, fish oil has also been linked with protecting the body from many cancers. Breast, ovarian, stomach and colon cancer all seem to be reduced in those who take adequate amounts of omega 3 fatty acids...
- Increased Mental Functioning - The use of fish oil also seems to boost concentration and brain development. Since fish oil works in helping your body transmit messages from one part to another, your mind begins to focus better when taking fish oil on a regular basis. As you age, this becomes all the more important for preventing things like depression, Alzheimerâs and dementiaâ¦
- Healthy, Supple Skin - Your skin also greatly benefits by using fish oil, because the omega 3 fatty acids help to repair damage caused by the sun and other environmental factors. Instead of early signs of skin wrinkling, taking fish oil can help add back moisture and firmness to your skin, virtually erasing years of neglect off your face. And, unlike Botox, the effects of fish oil are lasting, and arenât localized to only the injection siteâ¦
- Healing Damaged Tissue - Recent studies conclude fish oil may have a significant part to play in naturally healing already damaged tissues. In a damaged heart, this is especially promising. When the heart is weakened or a part of it dies (as it does during a heart attack), it needs all the help it can get in order to get back to its previous state of health. Fish oil supplements have been linked with helping this heart-healing process happen.
If all this isnât enough to convince you, then look hereâ¦
- Taking fish oil can help to boost your childâs intelligence â while he or she is still in the womb! If youâre pregnant, or hope to be, fish oil supplements (with your doctorâs advice) can go a long way in making sure youâre giving your child all the advantages you possible can.. including reduced behavior problems such as ADD and ADHD.
Absolutely Natural & Pure!
While fish oil is one of natureâs wonder supplements, you must be absolutely certain what youâre taking is untainted and pure.
Itâs critical the fish oil supplement you take is free of mercury, PBCs, dioxins and other heavy metals. This is especially true for pregnant or nursing mothers.
Omax3™ is just such a product
This unique supplement, developed by scientists affiliated with the Yale University School of Medicine, was designed to be more effective than regular standard fish oil. In standard testing Omax3 was proven superior in increasing brain function. In fact, itâs so unique, the scientists formulating it were awarded a patent.
Whatâs more, unlike regular fish oil, Omax3 doesnât raise the level of LDL (bad) cholesterol. This most probably is due to its purity. Youâll also notice Omax3 capsules are much smaller than usual fish oil capsules, making them easier to swallow. Even better, when compared to other, larger capsules, Omax3 has more essentials fatty acids (EPA and DHA) packed into its compact shape!
Not only can you simply take the recommended dosage first thing in the morning and be set for the entire day, but you can also rest assured in knowing your fish oil supplements are tested and retested - ensuring that the omega 3 nutrients you take are totally safe and healthy!
Iâm delighted to be among the first practitioners in the world to be recommending Omax3â¢.
The next core supplement I highly recommend isâ¦
High Potency Calcium & Magnesium
Calcium and Magnesium â Why So Important?
You probably already know that calcium is essential for good teeth and strong bones â but did you know this element is also crucial for the proper functioning of your nerves, muscles and heart?
Every second of every day our bodies need calcium to maintain these essential processes.
Hereâs the problem: If we donât get enough calcium from our diet, our body will start robbing it out of our bones and teeth. Think of it as a matter of triage â your heart and nervous system come first, and your body will do whatever is necessary to make sure those systems have the calcium they need â even if it comes at the expense of your bones.
Let this deficiency continue long enough, and we wind up with an increased risk of osteoporosis, where the bones become less dense and porous due to the lack of calcium. This causes the bones to weaken and become fragile, leading to loss of height, curved spines (dowagers hump), and bone fractures - especially in women and the elderly.
If you are dieting, or are lactose or dairy intolerant, getting the full daily minimum recommended amount of 1000 mg calcium will be a problem.
In fact, even if you do eat a lot of dairy products, Walter Willet, M.D. PhD, the nutritional guru from Harvard has stated that there are not any solid studies that actually prove dairy products are good for your bones!
Are You Getting Enough Calcium?
For most of us, the answer is no.
You will not be getting enough calcium just from foods you eat â especially if you are following a reduced dairy and/or calorie plan to lose weight. In order to get enough calcium just from your diet, youâll need to be eating 3-4 servings of high calcium foods everyday.
For instance, this works out to over 10 cups of broccoli each and every day!
This is why I recommend you take a calcium supplement â and doubly so if you are following a reduced dairy and/or reduced calorie plan. Since the average person doesnât eat an optimal diet to begin with, most adults, and especially women, would benefit from taking a calcium supplement.
Peak Bone Mass - A Matter Of Age
The amount of bone you build during the teen and young adult years is called peak bone mass. There will never be a time when your bones will be stronger or more dense. This is why getting enough calcium while you are growing is so important â as insurance for your later years.
After you hit the mid 30âs, most people stop building bone mass, so the goal then is keep your bones healthy by doing these few simple things:
- Eating enough calcium from food sources or supplements
- Strengthening your bones through regular exercise
- Avoiding unhealthy, low calories diet plans
- If you are post-menopausal and still have menopausal symptoms, discuss with your doctor about taking NATURAL estrogen replacement therapy, and of courseâ¦
- Avoid smoking, and if you do smoke, QUIT!
While magnesium doesnât receive as much attention as calcium, itâs just as important. Magnesium is a natural balancer for calcium. For example, calcium tends to cause constipation and magnesium has the opposite effect. A nice balance. But thatâs only the beginning.
Magnesium is a co-factor in over 350 different human biochemical reactions. Magnesium also slows down bone turnover, the normal breakdown and renewal of bone tissue. (Journal of Clinical Endocrinology).
Crucial for optimal brain, nervous system, heart, muscle and many of the enzyme functions keeping us healthy, low magnesium intake is associated with:
- Bone loss
- Heart palpitations
- Heart rhythm disturbances
- Panic attacks
- Loss of appetite
- Nausea & vomiting
- Muscle cramps
- Numbness and tinglingâ¦
And many other uncomfortable and, sometimes, serious problems such as seizures and life threatening heart irregularity.
Magnesium deficiency is a common side effect of taking many over the counter and prescribed medications, including diuretics, proton pump inhibitors (for reflux), some antibiotics, and chemotherapy â just to name a few. People with diabetes are frequently deficient in magnesium.
Important: Those at special risk for osteoporosis are people who have eating disorders - including those who are constantly dieting. So, taking calcium and magnesium supplements such as Osteo II will go a long way maintaining healthy bones and nervous system. And if you do diet, always remember - lose weight the right way: through a balanced diet plan and regular physical activity!For more detailed information, please go here: Magnesium Facts
Hereâs my next essential core supplement:
For Total Health
So why am I stressing B vitamins? Simple â the B vitamin group is absolutely vital when it comes to your body's enzyme systems. These vitamins are crucial forâ¦
- Regulating and increasing our metabolism
- Supplying us energy
- Keeping our nervous system balanced
- Helping to regulates our entire endocrine system
- Maintaining healthy skin and muscle tone
- Enhancing immune functions
- Promoting cell growth and division, including red blood cells which is paramount in helping to prevent anemia.
This is just the beginning of what the Basic B balanced supplement will do for your health.
Consider these benefitsâ¦
- May reduce the risk of many types of cancer including: breast, colon, prostate and pancreatic cancer - one of the most lethal forms of cancer,
- Lessens the effects of alcoholism by protecting the liver
- Can help reduce the devastating effects of Alzheimer's disease
- Aids in controlling attention deficit disorders
- Reduces chronic fatigue, chronic pain, and neurological disorders
Helping to heal canker sores and reducing muscle cramps are also benefits patients have claimed from taking a quality B complex formula, such as Basic B.
Itâs important to know all B vitamins are water-soluble, dispersing throughout the body. Being water soluble, most of the B vitamins canât be stored in the body and must be continuously replenished, since any excess is excreted in the urine. Thatâs why itâs so important you make sure youâre giving your body exactly what it needs - each & every day.
Now, while this wonderful supplement may be called âbasicâ â itâs anything but! Basic B is unique in that it contains 2 active forms of folic acid PLUS 2 active forms of vitamin B12. Most B complex pills you see being offered have the inactive forms of both these complexes.
Did You Knowâ¦ There are 2 common enzyme mutations effecting folic acid activation. One of these mutations is severe (homozygous) in 10% of North Americans, and associated with an increased risk for heart attacks, Alzheimerâs dementia, infertility, miscarriages, blood clots, and many types of cancer including breast, colon and prostate. Tests are available to detect these mutations, but they are not usually covered by insurance.
If these conditions run in your family, you may be at risk. Although it has not been extensively studied because it would take many years to prove, it is extremely likely taking the active form of these vitamins would help prevent the complications of this common hereditary condition.
Now hereâs my 5th â but most important - supplement:
The âMust Haveâ Supplement
I canât stress this enoughâ¦ you absolutely need to take Vitamin D!
Known as the âsunshine vitaminâ Vitamin D is one of the few vitamins we can actually produce on our own, through a complex process involving direct sunlight. But thereâs the problemâ¦ almost none of us are getting enough exposure to the sun!
All this nonsense about the danger of getting into sun is just that â nonsense. As long as you donât overdo it and avoid getting sunburned, direct exposure to sunlight is one of the healthiest activities you can do.
But to hear âmodernâ science tell it, weâre constantly being warned to avoid the sun, and if we do happen to catch an arrant ray or two, we must slather ourselves with sunscreen to negate any tanning effects whatsoever.
Hereâs the truth of the matter: Skin cancer rates are actually LOWER in people who get a healthy dose of sunlight than those who avoid the sun at all costs!
To add insult to injury, you canât get enough vitamin D from your diet either, as itâs only found in small amounts in a few foods. Cod liver oil is about the only food that contains more then 500 units per serving. (And we all knowâ¦ cod liver oil isnât the tastiest treat in the world! But worse than the taste is the fact that for most of us if we took enough cod liver oil to get an adequate amount of vitamin D, we would get a toxic amount of vitamin A. )
Whoâs At Risk?
From no less an authority than the Mayo Clinic Studies we find:
- 93% of Caucasian adults & children are deficient in Vitamin D
- 100% of African-Americans, Hispanics and Native Americans are Vitamin D deficient
Vitamin D is actually a hormone, unique in that while itâs produced in the body like other hormones, it needs an external input, sunlight, to activate the pre-vitamin D made in the skin. Vitamin D is intricately involved with almost every human organ and biological process.
The reason lighter skinned individuals have a slightly lower incidence of deficiency is genetic. Due to a mutation ages ago, whiter skin allowed for more sunlight to pass into the body, making Vitamin D a bit more efficiently than darker toned individuals.
The recommended RDA (Recommended Daily Allowance) of Vitamin D is woefully low. The 400 to 800 units suggested are just enough to prevent serious health problems such as rickets. However, much higher doses are needed to prevent many other common conditions such as:
- Heart disease
- Alzheimerâs (People with dementia have lower vitamin D levels than those who do not get dementia)
- Cancer (including breast, prostate, colon and at least 10 other types
- Autoimmune disorders (such as rheumatoid arthritis, and lupus)
- High blood pressure
- Fighting infections, especially the seasonal flu
In fact, death from any cause is increased when Vitamin D levels are low.
Believe it or not, getting the flu actually has little or nothing to do with the cold weather or being indoors. If you ever wondered why the flu always seems to be much more common in winter, itâs because these are the times of lowest exposure to the sun, and our Vitamin D levels are almost totally depleted. Vitamin D has been shown in several studies to be more effective than a flu shot in preventing influenza infection.)
How Much Vitamin D Should You Take?
I currently recommend a bare minimum of 2000 IU daily.
In my practice, I monitor the vitamin D level in our patients and recommend higher supplementation if levels are too low. After testing, many of my patients end up taking 5,000 to 10,000 units a day to obtain optimal levels.
If youâre concerned about Vitamin D toxicity, donât be alarmed. Contrary to the belief of many physicians who were trained in the past, Vitamin D has a wide margin of safety. Many people associate Vitamin D with Vitamin A, but it is actually quite difficult to over supplement with Vitamin D.
There is not a single case of vitamin D toxicity in an adult taking 20,000 units of vitamin D per day or less.
(Note: The test we order for determining Vitamin D levels, and which is also the most accurate is 25 hydroxy vitamin D. âNormalâ values are between 20 and 100, however we recommend our patients be at a minimum of 50 .)
Ask your local health provider to order this test for you so you and they can monitor your Vitamin D levels. We know, from many scientific studies that a toxic level does not occur until the reading is above 150-200.
Even if you take supplements, it is important to have a well-balanced diet so your body can operate the way it should. No amount of supplementation can totally overcome constantly lousy eating habits.
Also remember that exercise is extremely important for your continued health and wellbeing.
The daily vitamins, minerals and omega 3 fish oil I recommend will help you reach the ideal level of nutrients your body needs, and will have you feeling â and looking - your best.
Now, go and enjoy life!